O&O Defrag puts is a replacement for the standard Windows defragmenter, that offers a much advanced set of features. It puts fragmented files together and maximizes your system speed and offers five different defragmentation strategies, as well as OneButtonDefrag technology for automatic adjustment of the settings best fitting for your system. The program can defragment drives manually, or fully automatic in the background, keeping your system at peak performance by avoiding build-up of file fragmentation. Defragmentation jobs can also be scheduled, using various criteria. Additional features include status reports, cluster inspector, command line interface, optional MMC integration, boot time defragmentation, special support for mobile systems and more.
O&O Defrag solves the performance and stability problems of Windows workstations and servers caused by fragmented hard disks. Fragmentation is the main cause of significant losses in performance in Windows. Due to the fact that the hard disk is the slowest component of a computer, its optimization is an especially important issue. By using O&O Defrag, files can be read and written much more quickly. What at first seems to be lost performance can easily be rediscovered and realized again with O&O Defrag, giving you the peace of mind that your hardware is in good health and operating optimally.
Unleash the hidden performance of your computer with the minimum effort. O&O Defrag 11 Professional Edition packs file fragments quickly and securely back together to optimize your hard disk under Windows. Its functionality ranges from a fully automated defragmentation to an individual professional set up. It can do everything a truly good defragmentation software should be able to do.
• New: Protection from strong fragmentation through background monitoring and defragmentation
• New: Defragmentation of individual directories and files through the context menu
• New: Optimized File Status View and enhanced Block View
• Wizard for regular and automated defragmentation
• Five different defragmentation methods
• O&O OneButtonDefrag for simple setting up of automatic defragmentation
• O&O ActivityGuardPro for the least system load
• Support of all Windows drives
Operating systems: Windows™ 2000 Pro, XP and Vista® (from Windows XP respectively 32 Bit/64 Bit)
New with Defrag 11:
- The new background monitoring function helps to prevent fragmentation at source. Newly added and modified files are analyzed and defragmented whenever they are not being accessed. O&O Defrag makes sure that your hard disk is constantly performing at its peak.
Homepage - http://www.oo-software.com